Thursday, 17 January 2008

Forward



This blog has been created before the author could think up a reason to have one, but if anything ever does become of it, there's a good chance it will proberbly concern the likes of videogames, art house cinema, beat-gen literature, Japanese street racing, the Sicilian Mafia, Gonzo journalism and the Rolling Stones. I have a peculiar mind, stuck in a world between Day of the Tentacle and the Science of Sleep. If I can translate its inner atmosphere into text then it might make for an interesting read. It might also make for a Jim Morrison level confusing one.

Alas, some words of your pretentious narrator. I'm young, on the verge of true manlyhood. I have ever growing interests in the subjects above. I live in a horribly normal place which I can neither complain nor be proud about. I'd like to be a film director, before dipping my toes in videogame design, making an album, and then settling in either Italian or Japanese mountains where lay my own personal race track and car collection, or that's the current basic plan. I'm also very naive - if the previous sentence doesn't resemble my future existence I have absolutely no backup plan for what to do instead. Indeed, quite typical for my age I guess, but of course I'd never admit that.

The following may help you understand my inner workings.

In film, A Waking Life, the Science of Sleep, Slacker, ... Donnie Darko
In music, Hendrix's Electric Ladyland, Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop, the Stones' Exile on Main St., the Pixie's Doolittle, the Stooge's Funhouse
In game, anything by Tim Schafer or Michel Ancel
In art, Ralph Steadman

I find this funny, this hilarious, this not funny at all, this very useful, this cool, this very cool, this rather sexy, this very depressing, this hugely interesting, this life changing, this desirable and this rather odd. That'll do for now. I'll come back if I have anything to say.

No comments: